STAG Diesel is an alternative fuelling system for 2-16 cylinder Diesel engines. The whole system has been based on modern technical solutions that allow the mixture of gas and air which later is mixed with Diesel in the cylinder. Installation of the STAG Diesel system does not prevent driving only on Diesel, as our solution does not require interference with internal engine parts.
The controller is able to manage intelligently the dosing of both fuels to an engine while it is running, thanks to the readings of sensors: exhaust temperature probe, knock sensor or oxygen sensor (lambda probe).
An advanced algorithm of sequential injection and the innovative system of auto-adaptation ensures the correct fuel ratios within the entire working range of the engine, therefore, the user can quickly observe significant economic benefits.
Key features of STAG Diesel controllers:
- support for diesel engines with mechanical injection systems,
- support for diesel engines with electronic Common Rail injection systems,
- support for diesel engines with unit injectors,
- LPG or CNG post injection option,
- advanced algorithm for sequential gas injection,
- precise gas fuel dosing based on the current engine demand, accurate measurement of the volume of Diesel directly from the injectors ensures maximum savings,
- measurement and control of the amount of injected Diesel in vehicles with common rail engines,
- extended algorithm for engine protection,
- controlled exhaust gas temperature for improved safety of the drive unit,
- use of the readings of a wide-band oxygen sensor, control of air-to-fuel rate with an independent wide-band oxygen sensor dedicated to Diesel engines (optional installation for engines without factory-mounted sensors),
- support for cars provided with cruise control,
- ability to maintain power after conversion in vehicles with common rail engines,
- auto-calibration system,
- modifications of gas injection sequence.
1. support for sequential gas injection,
2. modifications of gas injection sequence,
3. measurement and control of the amount of injected Diesel in vehicles with common rail engines,
4. collection of data from a wide-range oxygen sensor installed in the car by the manufacturer,
5. control of air-to-fuel rate by an independent wide-band oxygen sensor,
6. ability to maintain power after conversion in vehicles with common rail engines,
7. providing fuel cost savings even under maximum engine load,
8. auto-calibration system,
Advantages and benefits for drivers:
- no impact on engine operation with active post-injection,
- smooth switching of the system to on and off,
- savings within the entire engine load range,
- protection of engine components,
- increased efficiency of Diesel combustion,
- increased engine power.
Increased engine power
Dual-fuel systems in LPG/CNG/Diesel configuration make it possible to use the energy in Diesel that has not been used before. When autogas installation is properly installed and tuned it is possible to gain a significant increase in power and torque within 10% to 30% in power, while reducing operating costs and improving engine performance.
The system operation principle is based on a very simple mechanism. In mechanical-injection Diesel engines, gas is injected into the intake manifold, thus causing improved Diesel combustion and additional gas combustion, which increases engine power. To maintain the same driving conditions it is only necessary to press the accelerator pedal less intensively, thus saving Diesel fuel, so called saving through adding. The driver has a choice of driving smoothly and enjoying fuel savings, or taking advantage of the increased power of the vehicle, thus deriving measurable benefits. In common rail engines the operating mechanism is identical, but it is possible to restrict the power of the vehicle by emulation of "CR" sensor signals (common rail high pressure sensor). A vehicle ECU identifies the proper Diesel fuel pressure, while the actual pressure value is lower. This option allows similar vehicle parameters (power, torque) as those on Diesel fuel to be maintained, while obtaining significant Diesel fuel savings.
STAG Diesel has been tested in:
- passenger cars,
- off-road cars,
- farm tractors,
- power generators,
Recommended additional components for installation autogas STAG DIESEL
Wide-band oxygen sensor
LSU 4.9 Bosch 0 281 004 026
TEX-01AT- voltage converter
24/12V SDC-225, 13,8 V, 20 A, 275 W
Position sensor camshaft
TPS MAGNETI MARELLI